If you have imperfections in your smile such as teeth that are gapped, chipped, stained or misaligned, it might be stealing your self-confidence. If you are hiding your smile behind your hand or avoiding smiling at all, you can have beautifully white, straight teeth sooner than you might have imagined.
Versatile porcelain veneers can take a drab smile and make it dazzling, and the dentists at Kenmore Family Dental have the skills and training to do it. At our practice, we would love the opportunity to improve your smile, so you feel good about showing it to everyone. Having a great smile can positively impact every facet of your life.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Made of thin, translucent porcelain, a veneer is customised to fit over the natural tooth structure. Treatment can involve one veneer or many, with the latter being more common to improve your whole smile.
Made of wafer-thin pieces of porcelain, veneers cover your teeth to create a smile that is the ideal size, shape and colour for the line of your lips and your gums. They are bonded to your teeth after a small amount of your tooth enamel is removed, so they blend in perfectly without a thick, artificial look. They are a permanent cosmetic treatment that can last for a good number of years.
Benefits of Veneers
Patients who decide to enhance their smiles with veneers appreciate the following benefits:
- The veneers process is relatively quick, and you can have your dream smile in just a couple of visits to the dentist.
- Veneers have the translucency and shine similar to your natural tooth, so no one will know your smile has been cosmetically enhanced.
- Veneers are strong and long-lasting. They are resistant to chipping, but you can damage them if you use your teeth for anything other than chewing food.
- Because veneers will not stain like your natural teeth, you can enjoy a bright, white smile without professional teeth whitening.
- Caring for veneers is not different than caring for your natural teeth. Brush at least twice a day and floss at least once.
As always, stay current with dental check-ups and cleans to ensure your veneers are in good shape and your teeth and gums are healthy.
Are Veneers Right for Me?
We invite you to book a consult at our dental clinic. Dr Tom Hogerheyde or Dr Chris Plackner can talk to you about what you do and do not like about your smile and give you treatment recommendations. If you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers, your dentist will customise a treatment plan to provide you with the smile solution you are seeking.
We invite you to call Kenmore Family Dental to book an appointment. We look forward to helping you obtain a smile you cannot wait to show the world.