If you have imperfections in your smile such as teeth that are gapped, chipped, stained or misaligned, you might be considering improvements. If you are hiding your smile behind your hand or avoiding smiling at all, you can opt for cosmetic dentistry to address your concerns.
Versatile porcelain veneers can take address a number of issues, and at Kenmore Family Dental we are happy to go over your options. At our practice, we would love the opportunity to give you a smile you feel good about.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Made of thin, translucent porcelain, a veneer is customised to fit over the natural tooth structure. Treatment can involve one veneer or many, with the latter being more common to improve your whole smile.
Made of wafer-thin pieces of porcelain, veneers cover your teeth to create a smile that is the ideal size, shape and colour for the line of your lips and your gums. They are bonded to your teeth after a small amount of your tooth enamel is removed, so they blend in perfectly without a thick, artificial look. They are a permanent cosmetic treatment that can last for a good number of years with the proper attention and care.
Benefits of Veneers
Patients who decide to enhance their smiles with veneers appreciate the following benefits:
- The veneers process is usually relatively quick, and you can complete treatment in just a couple of visits to the dentist.
- Veneers have the translucency and shine similar to your natural tooth.
- Veneers are designed to be strong and long-lasting. They are resistant to chipping, but you can damage them if you use your teeth for anything other than chewing food.
- Because veneers will not whiten like your natural teeth, you might choose to start with professional teeth whitening for an overall brighter outcome.
- Caring for veneers is not that different than caring for your natural teeth. Brush at least twice a day and floss at least once. Avoid bumping veneers or biting into anything excessively hard.
We recommend that you stay current with dental check-ups and cleans to ensure your veneers are in good shape and your teeth and gums are healthy. We will talk about your dental visit frequency, as it varies from person to person.
Are Veneers Right for Me?
We invite you to book a consult at our dental clinic. Dr Chris Plackner can talk to you about what you do and do not like about your smile and give you treatment choices. If you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers, and decide you want them, your dentist will customise a treatment plan to provide you with the smile solution you are seeking.
We invite you to call Kenmore Family Dental to book an appointment. We look forward to helping you obtain a smile you love.